Can my srx run with an f7

Troy

I have an 01 srx 700. Can it be made to run with f7's or is it a lost cause? Just bought a heelclicker 2 clutch kit for it, 192 studs ,otherwise stock. One of my 'friends ' just bought an f7 basically to show me up, and now he's going around bragging how much better his sled is. I could just say screw him , but he's so cocky I'd LOVE to smoke him. I know basically all performance mods have a price, but I still want a reasonably reliable sled.

Someone, please help!

Dont even touch your seld, it is not necesary if you are trying to beat an f7. These SRX's will take it right out of the box anyway. The only part of the rce that your buddy will beat you at is 0-70, after that he is history. Just wait till this winter and then upset him, the sled will do the talking for you, Trust me

On a long run you will catch and easily pass your buddies f7.I ran 3 f7's on a lake in old forge last year with my stock unstudded 02 srx 700 and smoked all of them.They will get you out of the hole for about 500 ft then you will start reeling them in and go right by them.The only f7 i had trouble with was one with a f8 kit installed,even then by the end of the lake i had caught up to him and would of passed him to but ran out of lake.Get yourself a predetor track,stud it,get some transfer rods and laugh at all the f7 boys as you cruise by them on the big end.

I had a 98 srx w/bored carbs and a can. Clutching was on and I put a Camo 1.25" track on it. With my adjustable control rods set to full transfer I could pull my buddies firecat and completely walk away from him. Across smaller size fields I was pulling him by well over 3 or 4 sled lengths. Granted he was running the F7 with standard 1" track not the sno-pro track. Top end between both of us was dead even. I should mention I was running viper shocks in rear so I lost some top end with the suspsension and heavier track. Mine was a 98 with 4500 miles, not too shabby.

Like was stated before the F7's only will hang with you till about 70 mph. I have raced quite a few of them even modded ones pipes and clutching, with the same results. Get yourself some transfer rods some nice studs and go for it on the long run youll eat him up like hes not even there, and i dont beleieve a stock f7 will run 116 mph im guessing around 108ish if that. Twins dont seem to have the long legs that the tripples do.

TopGunn, don't be so sure...I was watching some stock F7s run 114-115 in 1000ft on ice. To run in the stock classes I think they could be clutched, but that was about it. They must have been geared differently too.

jwifferdill said:
TopGunn, don't be so sure...I was watching some stock F7s run 114-115 in 1000ft on ice. To run in the stock classes I think they could be clutched, but that was about it. They must have been geared differently too.
Like i said i dont believe they will run that fast out of the box, The big 800's barely run over 110 out of the box. Ive gps'd alot of sleds and my srx still holds the highest number, never done a f7 yet tho. Im goign to race a friend of yamahaman's F7 with pipes and clutching this winter and i really am confident i will still take it on the long run, not the short ones tho. I have my sled geared up on tooth also. My record is i havent been beat by an f7 yet.

Thanks for the info guys. I thought my sled should be at least competitive with an f7. I have to quit hanging around arctic cat guys!

Dill's right, you gotta watch out for those guys! The 2002-2003 models were blowing up like crazy, but they had some serious baallls! I think around 140 horse? Thats higher than most 800's. I believe in 2004 they turned down the fuel and timming curves to detune them. I pesonally saw one with 350 miles on the odometer, totally unmodified go 115mph radar. last year A 2004 only went 108mph, WTF? Also, they are fuel injected, so they allways run good! Something to think about if your jetting isn't perfect. If the snow is loose, your gonna lose. They hookup so good that if they get way out in front, you may never catch them. M2C

Back