Yamaha gp292 crank, pin, rod...Help!

snakeyes

I have an S292 from a snojet ss/t that I'm trying to get back together. Top end is good, but the bottom end has some pitting from corrosion. Does anyone know if the ET250, or BR250 bottom end parts will work. I know the stroke is different, but my crank halves are in nice shape. I need to find a new lower con rod pin and rod, due to corrosion. I see the bearing in the Yamaha parts site is the same #, good, and the pin and rod for the et and br have matching part numbers, except the prefix. My 292 is 822-11681-00-00 for the pin, 839-11651-00-00 for the rod. The first three numbers are different for the other sleds.

Any help would be appreciated.

as long as the shafts are in good shape you can use it 292 crank halves. Just sand blast them. Im not shure if the rods are the same but the 292 is 130mm center to center. As far as a rod and pin goes you can get one from hot rods brand new.

Thanks for the tip for hotrods. I didn't see my rod on the site, but I'll contact them Monday. My rod bores are slightly pitted, I can just feel them with my fingernail. I assume they're toast. Maybe they could be cleaned up with crocus cloth, but would the bearing clearance be too great?

This sled will be running in the single cylinder oval classes in Canada, along with a 338 Hirth 194 powered builders class entry.

Back