srx belt

bobsiding

wheres the best place to get a waterpump belt for 79 srx? also is it a good idea to rebuild pump as long as i got it apart? thanks guys

I had a 79 srx and always got my belts from the dealer. There is a way you can replace the belt without taking it all apart! you have to remove the cover bolts then insert the belt in a way as to turn the cover , its a littlle tough to do but it can be done! Its been a long time since i have done one so my mines a little rusty on the exact procedure. but you should be able to figure it out. It saves a lot of work and time! maybe someone on here like yammigod can be more explicit.

Last edited:
YAMMY IS CORRECT, IT CAN BE DONE ON THE SLED AND NOT HARD TO DO. FIRST I WOULD WATCH E - BAY FOR THOSE BELTS. ALSO BACK IN THE DAY, WE WERE ABLE TO CROSS THE YAMAHA PART # WITH A GATES NUMBER AND FIND THOSE BELTS ALITTLE CHEAPER THAN NOS. THEY MIGHT BE HARD TO FIND NOW. A BIG TIP FOR YOUR WATER PUMP BELT BEING BAD IS IF YOUR TACH STOPS WORKING. WHAT MADE IT CHANGEABLE STILL ON SLED WAS THERE ARE GROVES ON THE HOUSEING WHERE ITS MOUNTED THAT WILL RELEAVE TENISON AND LET YA SLIDE IT OFF. THING IS MOST WAITED UNTIL THEY BROKE TO REPLACE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back