Maine riding 3/20-3/25-09

bluebullet

Here are some pics from my last riding week here in Maine. Rode in the Millinocket area on 3/20, Ashland area on 3/21 and Eagle lake area on 3/25. All the trails were still very good, off trail was pretty crusty even the 1 ton stayed on top. Anyone recognize my trail guide from 3/25? I had 3 of the best rides of the season!

Attachments

• Bob1.smJPG.JPG
    Bob1.smJPG.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
  • rx1doo3.smJPG.JPG
    rx1doo3.smJPG.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 8
  • rx1trailpiceaglelake.smJPG.JPG
    rx1trailpiceaglelake.smJPG.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
  • bob2.smJPG.JPG
    bob2.smJPG.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 10

Here are some more pics. Found a moose resting at the warming hut and we could not get in. He had just arrived over night as the tracks were fresh.
I put over 600 miles in late March! Plenty of snow in the woods and fields for couple more weeks of riding. Sunny areas and in town trails won't last much more. Easy to loose a leg when you break threw 3 ft of snow! Check out the sled remains we found sitting on the side of the trail, that sled must of caught fire because all that was left was a pile of metal! Doo, Poo or cat?

Attachments

• moosewarmhut.smJPG.JPG
    moosewarmhut.smJPG.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 33
  • RX1me.smJPG.JPG
    RX1me.smJPG.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Terry leg.jpg
    Terry leg.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 8
  • trailjunk.jpg
    trailjunk.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
  • pair1tons.jpg
    pair1tons.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
terry looks like a stick of dynamite could'nt wake up that moose. i just finished up march with a 157 mile day i did 280 in houlton 2 weeks before.

larry

Yes, the moose was dead, I was checking to see if you guys were paying attention, You all passed! Just crazy that he decided to collasp right in front of the door! Good thing no one was cold and needed to get warm!

I heard the trails where good up that way about that time. Me and some friends unloaded at jo mary and went out to play ,then broke two sleds mine was over heating the two that were left went to Millinocket hammer down. I told them they suck. O well there nexted year.

Back