99- 00 srx crankcase question swapimg cases

sxrsist

VIP Member
i bought a 2000 srx with a wacked engine, then i bought a 99 srx 700 motor to put in the 2000, i noticed now that the part number on the cases are different, i installed all the 2000 ingnition in the 99 motor and cant get spark, every thing test out ok,stator coils cdi etc, does any one know if the caases were diffewrent on the mag side, seems like the flywheel may not be close enough to the pick up, any one know thanks

Look on the yamaha fiche to compare the part numbers, but yes i believe they are different part numbers for the cases. EDIT: the part numbers are different. The 99 is 8DF 15100-00-00, and the 2000 is 8DF 15100-10-00

Last edited:
after pulling the motor back out and comparing, it is the pick up that is farther away on the 99 motor, the flywheel is smaller on the 2000 so the pickup is to far away, i gueess its tear down and put the 00 case on her

have you looked a moving the pickup closer in the clamp. the clamp is just glued onto it, why couldnt you just glue it in at the correct distance from the flywheel.

Back