02 Viper Lower MI - Rear Heat Exchange?

mdkuni

I have been trying to decide if I should put a rear heat exchange on my 02 Viper. It is completely stock except for a 1.25 camo. I bought it used and the previous rider did most of his riding in Canada. I ride mostly in Lower Michigan on lakes and trails. Let me know what you think. I do know how much it matters but I am an aggressive rider…

I live in Atlanta

No problems with mine, have never seen the temp light on. if you are gonna add pipes, yes u need one, otherwise, i wouldnt bother... mine has close 2 4000 miles no problems, make sure she is full on coolant and run it...

Well, I had one dealer tell me it was necessary and another tell me it was not. I am just going to leave it off and make sure I keep plenty of Snow on it. Thanks for the input blue. :yam:

I never had a problem without a cooler, but put one on at the begining of last season just to be safe in low snow conditions.. My sled is stock, but I'm not that agressive. I ride in wisconsin and UP.

I have one installed on mine. The first year I had it completely stock and never had a problem, the second year I had it I added a Bender Silencer and was overheating when the trail was hard packed verses a couple inches of fresh powder. Once the rear heat exchanger was installed I have never had a problem, even with freshly groomed hardened trails. IMO it should have been on there from the factory!!

I didnt have one on mine the first year, then the second year I had it I started to leak a little coolant. I brought it to the dealer and found out it was leaking from a mechanical seal.. Service guy told me I needed to add the rear heat exchanger or it would just happen again...

Back