Yamaha ttr-125 questions

firehawk275

Hi, I was wondering where I could post a question about a yamaha ttr-125 dirtbike? I have a cold start/idling trouble and can't seem to find the correct place to post my question, plus I don't want to post in the wrong sections. Thanks for the help.

may need to clean the carb and if I remember right make sure you do not touch the throttle untill it warms up, set the choke, kick it and let it fast idle untill it gets warm........

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if I could jet up or not, wasn't sure if it would be too rich. I'll try that. Also, this may sound stupid, but do you know if there is an idle screw to turn up? It has trouble idling. Was ok when bought brand new, but since then, it idles too low. I have seen my fair share of carbs, but this one may be vacuum operated, might be wrong too though. Thanks again everyone!

Well, kinda. I couldn't find it for the life of me, until I took the carb completely off. There is a fuel or air screw on the side and that is all that is visible when it's mounted. So I took it off for a cleaining and the idle screw is right underneath, by the float bowl screws, it's actually underneath, mounted vertically. A little bit hard to get at when it's mounted, but it is possible. It is now firing right up and idling where it should be. I wish i would have done that alot sooner.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Back