Symptoms of a worn Chain????

srx2002

ok, Final post.....anyone here experiance a Worn Chain, and the noise it makes??
Oh it's a ( 13 wide -68 link )

Please let me know

thanks all!!!

blue who said:
ever ride a bicycle dude or a mini bike with a rusty chain? it dos not sound like that.

so your saying that a worn Hyvo chan sounds like a rusty old Bicycle chain that squeaks a high pitch?? eventhough it's bathed in Synthetic oil.....

Ok, Now Can i get a reply from someone with a slight clue, actually you don't even have to be that smart...I'll take anything at this point...except for Bicycle Chains or Garage door hoist chains.....

LOL

Blue Who, that was a joke my furry friend, and I know the Bicycle chain remark was too....

Good one though I must say!!

ok try this you cant here it but your tenshener will be loose and gears will be worn and fileings will be on your DIPSTICK

Like a bike chain the links must not be loose. Take the chain and grasp two connected links. Push them together and pull them apart. This will show any play or slack in the chain. In my experience " Trail riding " the chain will show very little movement when pushed and pulled as above. When you can move the links back and forth the chain has been stretched or some parts worn down. If you think the chain is the culprit change it. The $$ you invest will be far less than when a chain breaks. I have seen this first hand and have replaced the chain case/ gears/ tensioner and chain. A noise from the chaincase can be a number of things. Chain alignment, spacers not in the correct place, Over tightend tensioner, bearing failure in the case or even a loose chain will make noises . The lower bearing on the drive axle is a bugger in that it will be washed clean of grease every year and must be repacked at least yearly if not replaced. That bearing if bad will make noise also. Best to take the case cover off and inspect. Then let us know what you find. :rockon:

A chain can look in perfect shape but does not mean it is....mileage is the key...How many miles are on your chain and why are you asking??? are there other signs that you may be having problems with the chain??

Back