To pipe or not to pipe!

MADVIPER

This may be a topic we dont want to talk about, and if so don't reply.
Can anyone share experiences w/dnr issues reguarding pipes and laws in
Minnesota, Wisconsin or the U.P. ? The SRX is getting alot of miles and I'm
looking at pipes for the viper. Is there a set of pipes that can pass all states?
Or is it time for a new rx? :yam:

Loud pipes are getting a lot of attention in Northern WI and you can get a ticket. However if you are planning on piping your viper, many of the new pipes are very quiet. I had Bender's on my Viper and I can tell you that they are quieter than some stock Arctic Cats. They won't attract unwanted attention.. Now if you get a ranger that is just popping hoods to give tickets then that may be a problem.. I haven't heard of that happening here, but who knows what they will do next for a little extra cash...

CLCL said:
I had Bender's on my Viper and I can tell you that they are quieter than some stock Arctic Cats.
Ditto to that, some thing else to consider that I didn't realize was your fuel economy will drop considerably. I was only getting around 8-9 mpg with pipes. Big gains in power though.

I don't think you will be bothered in the UP. I haven't heard of any Deputies or DNR writing people tickets for loud exhaust. I would suggest laying off it in town or populated areas if you do go with loud pipes or you'll get people complaining. And usually when people start complaining thier bosses tell them to start writing tickets. I have a viper with MBRP quiet (Yeah right) can on it. It's not too bad unless you really rap on it. I try and keep off the pipe when I'm in town and I haven't been bothered. Just my advice.

Back