no spark on my Mountain Max/venture 700

venture700

last week my temp light started blinking a weird code (1 long blink then 3 fast blinks) i looked at the tech section and it was my temp sensor is shorting out or broke so i never thought much of it and was gonna fix it when ever i had time. i looked around and sure enough theres a wire cracked off almost to the motor from the sensor. but the last 4 days she was acting really weird. when she was warm shes like new but whenever i leaves her alone for a couple hours she was really had to start. i checked all the plugs and there was no spark at all but got a spark after about 10 hauls or so. yesterday night i wasnt so luckey. i left her alone for 2 hours after riding around like 6 hours that day and she would not start for anything. one of my buddys that owns a 03 mm 700 had a similar problem and it was his megneto. anyone know if my temp sensor wires thats cracked off would cause this? i dont even know here to start. i need to fix this problem fast because we only have a couple weeks of snow left.

i just elimanated the temp sensor problem. i joined the wires back together and still no spark. i checked around the whole machine and cant find any broken wires or any disconnected wires. i dont know what else to check

It could be your pickup coil too. Temp sensor shorting doesn't do anything, It needs to see the resistance of the thermocouple; meaning changes in resistance with temperature. You can bypass it with the resistance of a cold coupler but not reccommeded (OK for a test but not for running). Ohm out the stator and pick up coil.

my pulse coil ratled loose an i lost spark id check that for damage before checking much else ive seen a few go

the pick up coil is located behind the starter, on the outside of the fly wheel and is screwed on with 2 screws. its a small black box you can see it easy of you took the starter off

plz help me

the pick up coil is located behind the starter, on the outside of the fly wheel and is screwed on with 2 screws. its a small black box you can see it easy of you took the starter off

hello new to the site i have a yamaha venture 700 triple i just finish rebuilding it cause of low compression and plug foullin ..... now everthing is back on but no spark what so ever plz help

ohm test your stator for starters, and then start eliminating possible causes like kill switch, key switch, throttle switch, carb switch, etc. from there, your looking for something mis-wired or unplugged.

hello well ohm tested the stator and it tested good.....clean flywheel for stator rest pulser coil to 0.015thow...... still no spark know i think it the spark plug coil....ESTI!!!!!!....low ohm reading not to spec ....... **** money pit sled

hello plz help i have rebuild this sled 700 yamy venture 700 triple ....... toke it for a test drive and the temp gauge climb very quikly to 240f /110'C what is the runnin temp on this machine.

Back