Bleeding oil lines & pump

TrueBlue

VIP Lifetime Member
I tried looking for this information but didn't seem to find anything.
I have a 2000 SXr & need to know how to bleed the oil lines & pump.
I had to clean out oil container & disconnect the lines.

Any help would be appreciated.

there should be a bleed screw for you to remove or loosen off first.That is usually down behind the carbs lower down against the engine.You open that up and you start to fill your tank with oil and watch for air bubbles that will come out of the line where the bleed screw is removed from.Have a rag below to catch the oil coming out.When the oil is coming out steadily enough without any burps or bubbles happening..you have gotten the air out of the lines.

is everything back together?

Bleed bolt blue is refering to is here ,fill bottle let her flow till no air bubbles is seen,as far as the oil lines(going to/feeding the fuel pump) you could start it up pull up on the oil cable to put it in full flow that will bleed the are out in a hurry,,Or have little pre mix in tank till it's bleed out

This brings back bad memories.....

Bled my oil line and accidentally backed out that bleeder screw to far and it dropped under the motor. DOH!

VenomMod said:
This brings back bad memories.....

Bled my oil line and accidentally backed out that bleeder screw to far and it dropped under the motor. DOH!
yes not good. lol

that's why I own a flexible long shaft magnetic pic up tool.It has saved me many times when screws fell down below the motor.Another wy to retrieve the screw is take you sled and turn it upside down and shake it...lollllll..a little more work :o| :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back