Drag racing

Yup.

2000 R1, stretched 7", lowered 3" up front, 2.5 in the rear, now on NOS.

Runs 6.2's in the 1/8th, and mid 9's on all motor. Haven't sprayed it successfully at the track yet.

I'd like to build something out of old Yama-junk.

But, right now I HAVE to work on this...

l_64116d0400164d3ab06e1a64f4cc7a12.jpg

Somedays it's a real chore! :mrgreen:

I ran my bike at the track times so far i get faster everytime.It's alot harder to launch a bike then a sled my best pass so far is 10.06@139.75mph bike was stock with stock exhaust except lowered

My 1985 FZ750 ran 11.60's @ 115mph back in the day. That was basically stock with a header/jetting. Still have the bike after all these years....It was fun racing the Honda Magnas, FJs, Vmax's etc. I was always the underdog and won my fair share against those bikes...that was a blast.

Caulkins, was that pic taken this year at Indy? My son and I were there and caught some of the drags.

It's a 08 gsxr1000.I would have had one pass well into the 9"s but almost flipped over at 90mph.The bike came down and wobbled and both of my feet hit the ground and gave it again and hit the rev limiter and still managed a 10.3@137

ALLSEASONRIDER said:
Calkins, was that pic taken this year at Indy? My son and I were there and caught some of the drags.

The picture is from last year. I've been with the team since 2007, when that chassis was new. We go to Indy every year. We won it last year. It seams like every-other year is bad. '07 we won the semi-finals and blew-up our last motor. This year, we de-tuned it in the semis to survive and still blew it up, again!

Are you close to Union Grove or Kaukana, WI? We're running there too. Cedar Falls, IA next weekend and Cordova, IL in a month.

Back