Under glow

PenguinLuke33

I was wondering what your thoughts were on under glow. I was thinking of putting red under glow on my 04 viper but don't know what kind to buy or how durible they are. I have seen price from 203 to 20 bucks. Also how do they hook up?

they work but if you put them under sled they get ice build up bad ...and the wires sad from the weight ....but blue looks nice on a srx ...but i herd red and blue are aginst the law

My uncle had LED strips right on the gap between the seat and the tunnel. It looks nice for being on a cat. And yea yea he rides a cat why not yamaha, well he has since sold it and now rides Yamaha.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 8
http://cgi.ebay.com/90cm-LED-Strip-...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1171|293:1|294:50

these work great they are very thin and flexible i put on my sled and road 3000 hard miles last year no problems. i ran super glue up and down both sides of light and som rv culking on the wire. no ice bothered them. My father bought snowglow which is very expensive and was not half as bright as mine nor as durable. his fell off and froze up he is using the cheap ones now. i ran them under my sled and right under my seat as well. also i have small individual leds in hood that look great i need to get pics up. 1 more thing. my lights are blue so i cannot give advice on brightness of red ones but the blue glow like 5 feet from my sled. also i bought a small battery pack from snobunjie.com and hooked them to a toggle so i could run them while the sled was not running. also running them off of the magnito makes the voltage change like your headlite... pm me with any questions i did hours of searcxh on this topic and made mine look great ill send pics of placement

Sledsquatch said:
You can not use any emergency colors. So you are stuck with purple. Not sure if they make another color that is not used by an emergency vehicle.
These would be going on a sled so I fail to see what the big deal would be.Yes I realize red and blue are the color of emergency lights but we're talking about an off highway recreational vehicle here.

When the lights come .. There not NEON... Hadn't heard of of issues in MI. But I wouldn't put to many on to cause distractions on the nearby highway though.....

Whammy said:
When the lights come .. PEPBOYS!!!! LOL!!! Had to say it!

But using colors that are the same as an emergency vehicle, I wouldn't worry about it, like fourbarrel said, its not like your driving it on the road, honestly, whose gonna think the police or an ambulance are coming down a trail in there vehicles?

well I do work on the ambulence in my town but that wouldn't matter haha. But some of my friends dads are police/state troopers so ill ask one of them or next time im on a call and the officer that is their

we have police on our trails here all the time. they have snowmobiles, quads, and even cars, the cars are parked only at the entrances. Ontario law tells us that we can not on our vehicles, not sure how specific they get what type of vehicle. As I said, check your local authorities before doing anything. Just seems like the intelligent thing to do. Cops get bad raps when they give out tickes to peeps that make assumptions of the law. A friend of mine once said he hates cops, so I answered back with "the only time you ever meet one is right after you break the law", so of course he has issues with them. Just trying to help here. trying to save a fine for something stupid like the color of lights.

Well our police have sleds, quads, etc, but I live in a smaller town of about 2000 people so the cops don't have a whole lot of things like this to deal with anyways. Plus cans/pipes aren't illegal here either, I think because not alot of people have them and most people with them use them reasonably, not crackin' them when around houses. But in bigger places I can see why the lights would be illegal along with cans/pipes. Its best for you to check with the police before you buy those lights like sledsquatch said to make sure. Cops get a really bad name when issuing tickets for this stuff, when they are really just doing there job.

Ya I will do that next time im at my friends house it is a good idea thinking about it seeing as I don't need a ticket since im 17 and have to pay for gas :X haha

I ran mine all year last year as did my fatther and plenty other people i met and never heard of them being illegal. To be honest i got stopped at a check point with them on by a cop on a sled and he said nothing but thats in NY even where cans and just about any mods are illegal. Here are some pics tell me what you guys think. Keep in mind i did not take these pics ina closed in garage like most people do because it makes them look brighter. and again these are NOT snow glow or any other name brand B/S lights.

What do you guys think about the led's over the shocks? i think that sets it off. and if your against led's like most of you are please refrain from cutting up those of us who do. any questions pm me

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 3
looks sick man! How did the lights under the running boards hold up after a winter or 2 or use? I was thinking about getting a set but some people say that the lights get beat up and break because they're always getting hit with snow, but I think they would hold up pretty good

Back