Venture rails on SXR skid?

Bob Brown

Does anyone know if the 2000 Venture 136 rails would bolt directly on my 2001 SXR 121 long travel skid?

yeah it is the same skid i believe y don't you just bolt the skid in the sled. it is just 136 rather than 121

The rails will probably bolt onto your arms and such as they are all the same, but the center and rear mount points in the tunnel are not the same as the added length is in the middle of the rail not the end.

response

Thank you for getting back to me. The reason I do not want to simply bolt the Venture skid into my sled is that the 2001 SXR has long travel. I was hoping to just change rails and keep the same mounting holes. If I need to add holes I will consider going to a M10 or Polaris skid for better travel and transfer. I would also consider using rail extensions if I can find some good used ones at the right price.

What year Venture skid? 97 and up ARE long travel. When I crashed my Viper with a 136 MSRX skid in it, I replaced it with 1 from a 98 Venture. Yes, you do have to move the mounts for the back points. BUT, the 136 skids ride GREAT with propely valved shocks on them. I transfered my Ohlins rear, my revalved center shock, and my adjustable transfer rods right in to the Venture skid. I had considered rail extensions, but at 280 lbs. I was afraid of bending them when jumping. Relocating isn't all that difficult, when you consider you're going to be adding a tunnel extension any way. Just a few more holes and some rivets. You'll also get the added benefit of being able to drop the skid down for additional clearance for taller lug, studs, and better snow evacuation. Just my nickels worth of advice LOL!

Dave

Venture rear skid

the skid is out of a 2000 Venture. Do you know where I would need to move the rear mountung holes to? Am I better to use this skid or go with a Polaris edge or IQ for better transfer? I hate to drill to many holes.

Back