Clutching piped Mtn Lite

bravo-guy

Hey guys, I need info on some clutching for my 01 Mtn Lite (pro-action chassis) and I have no clue where to start. I have a Hauck pipe, and here's a clutch kit I found on there site, will it work for me?

http://www.hauckpowersportsinc.com/...05/1/0/1/hp-performance-partsclutch-kits.aspx

I don't want to spend any more than the prices listed. What are the cam-arms with kit #4? What do they do and do I really need them? for $75 extra :roll: I think I don't need them. I am also looking for a bit more bottom end, but I know that any clutch kit will give me more than what stock will. Bottom end and mid-range is where it needs improvement (I have never driven it with the pipe yet, so I have no clue what the stock clutching will be like with the pipe)

1 more question, are my clutches the same as the clutches on the triples? Not the weights and springs, but the clutches themselves?

I hope somebody can help me with any of my questions, thanks!

Your cam arms are 8dj. You may be able to add enuff mass into the stock arms to hit target rpm,s.
You 1stly have to know what rpm,s are supposed to be at with that pipe then mess with the cam arms adding weight to see if you can hit target rpm,s.
It will require a fair bit of wide open throttle clutch tuning on snow.

Dont get anything hauck....., look into some sort of other clutching option

Are you just trying to do a better job of the factory clutching or has the pipe thrown everything off?

I am not sure if the pipe threw everything off as I have not driven it yet. other than about 30 feet in/out of the shed. I got it after the snow went. I am wondering does Hauck make a clutch kit specific for my piped sled? I might shoot them an email sometime to see, or at least get from them what the RPM's should be at with the pipe.
Yamahammer, why do suggest not getting anything from Hauck? Just wondering, there products look like they are good, but did you have bad experience with them?

Last edited:
If you do alot of reaearch, you will see that everyone that has dealt with hauck has had bad experiences, especially with customer service, once you buy from them, your dead to them. For example, one member here went wayyy out of his way just to un install and sell some hauck headers for an apex just because the company was like this, its like an 8 hour job at least.....

Your peack RPM's should be around 7800 if im not mistaken, and with the bender you apparently dont have to re clutch or re jet. Mine revs to 8000 right now, the clutches have to be rebuilt...

OK thanks, but I might order the clutch kit from them.They emailed me back and said that they sell this clutch kit #3 and they can customize for my needs for the piped sled. Although $175 I may take that way.

Yamahammer, this is sorta random, but did your venture/mountain lite lift its skis easy with the Maxx Performance control rods? I'm getting a set of adjustable control rods, or MPI Transfer straps, which is better?

bravo-guy said:
OK thanks, but I might order the clutch kit from them.They emailed me back and said that they sell this clutch kit #3 and they can customize for my needs for the piped sled. Although $175 I may take that way.

Yamahammer, this is sorta random, but did your venture/mountain lite lift its skis easy with the Maxx Performance control rods? I'm getting a set of adjustable control rods, or MPI Transfer straps, which is better?

Transfer rods all the way!!!!

And yes, it could carry the skis with the rods, not very high, but consistently!

On a side note, they didnt really advertise this, but the skid takes the bumps soooo much better, it just feels like the skid works much better, and it wasnt just a slight difference, but a huge difference!

Straps are more for the mountain guys

Let me know what you decide on the clutching, im going to be doing some this year and I might pick up a bender, and extroverts. My clutches are pooched, 20 000 hard kms on them....

This is my back up sled, not sure if you see me on the 4 stroke side, but I have a done up 07' Attak, and yes, it hauls the mail...

Back