REED CAGE pics.

snowhite

Hello everybody ,nice cool summer!!. In the tech threads there is a not so clear pictures of how to modify the reed cages on the tripples.Does anybody have a better pic.? It sure would be nice as to see exactly on the cage where to grind away the material..... Thanks' have a good summer...

If it were me, I would just slip in a set of reed spacers, and not worry about any broken reeds or cracked cages. Only my two cents.

The notch actually improve throttle response greater. i ran mine notched for over 2000 miles with no problems. If I had a set of reeds I'd take pics of them to show you, but i am reedless these days. Try a search on here for notch. Maxdlx

HELLOOO to you guys', just sat down for a quick beer,logged on and see I've stirred the pot,good.OK guys' I do understand the reed spacers are the BEST way to go but back somewhere in the pages of tech someone said there is not enough room, for the center carb.it rubs on the steering shaft.I kind measured the distance and there is a lot there.I did buy a set of spacers off a fellow and recieved them,will be putting them on later.What do you guys' do with that center carb. problem??? Ummm beer is good....

Just notch the stoppers. It's free, works great, and isn't any more prone to failure than the stock uncut ones. Mine stock ones were cracked On the outside edges before I did the mod. Went to get new ones at the dealer and they had to order them and it was the first time they had ordered new stoppers. Now Years later I'm still running the same cut stoppers. Had them out last year and all is fine.

KAPUSTA said:
HELLOOO to you guys', just sat down for a quick beer,logged on and see I've stirred the pot,good.OK guys' I do understand the reed spacers are the BEST way to go but back somewhere in the pages of tech someone said there is not enough room, for the center carb.it rubs on the steering shaft.I kind measured the distance and there is a lot there.I did buy a set of spacers off a fellow and recieved them,will be putting them on later.What do you guys' do with that center carb. problem??? Ummm beer is good....

Seeing that you already have them, just put them in, never had a problem with them rubbing.

Thanks guys', I'll giver a try later on here,Going on a road trip to find SUMMER.Almost end of July.12 above this morning !!! I've iced fished in this kind of weather cold.It's good to see lots of answers,snowmobiling is always on our minds even in July!!! Take care and talk again......

Back