yamaha atv

00sxrjoe

Thinking about buy a 03 yamaha kodiak 400 any one out ther have one? What do you think of them the good and the bad. Brakage? Lets here what you guys think.
Thanks

I don't own one, but they are good, reliable bikes. They are tough as nails (same as anything Yamaha). Pretty sure they have Independent Suspension for a smooth ride and better ground clearance. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I was looking for a good used machine. With a good set of tires they will go just about anywhere within reason, plus they have differential lock if 4wd won't get you out. I'd say go for it.

00sxrjoe said:
Thinking about buy a 03 yamaha kodiak 400 any one out ther have one? What do you think of them the good and the bad. Brakage? Lets here what you guys think.
Thanks
One of my friends dads bought a big bear the first year they came out which i believe was 87. He bought it mainly for outwest elk hunting in colorado. This thing had the snot bet out of it. They would loud it up with about 400 pounds of gear, a rider, and a slay with wheels on the back with another 200 pounds of gear. Then go 7 miles starting at 9500 feet and end up at camp at 11,250 feet elevation. They would quarter an elk and throw the whole thing on when recovering the animal. One time the machine flipped over on a recovery and rolled about a quarter mile down the mountain till some aspen stopped it. After they bent the racks back up to free the tires and got one tire back on the bead it started up and climbed back up. They used it out there every year till they banned them in 2000.

This four wheeler also seen work skidding firewood out of the woods, hauling deer and other general abuse here in Wisconsin its whole life. The only thing I remember them fixing was the brakes and replacing the batterys. His dad passed away about five years ago and it sat in the shed till this summer. My buddy dragged out and after a couple pulls it fired right up. He had to replace the bearings in the rear axle, put some used tires on it and sold it for $1200 out in front of his moms house just recently.

This basically sold me to buy a Yamaha for wheeler over a Honda. My 99 Wolverine has been swamped once and taken a pretty nasty tumble of the trailer while going down the road. I use it for hauling deer and dragging firewood to marking snowmobile trails in the fall for our local club. In the spring pulling signs is even more of a test as every feild and swamp is a mud run. It still runs good and is a pretty tough little machine. My dad uses my 94 Timberwolf 4x4 out in the woods and this thing is a little bull for a 250.

so 03 yamaha kodiak 400 4x4 with broken rear plastic and winch cable for $950 is not a bad deal than

Back