Ohlins rear shocks on a Viper?

tdviper

Anyone have these on a Viper. I just picked up a rear set and was wondering how much of an improvement they make in the rough stuff.

t.d. which ohlins 36 prc ? If you need service on those there is a company in Ithaca called hygear who can cover your needs , check out there website.I've purchased a 46 prx for the rear and ross at hygear gonna get it dialed for trail as this shock is for sno-cross.

I got the 36's. Got a center no resevoir and rear piggyback from pioneer performance I asked Bruce about the 46's he thought they were a little overkill for ditchbanging. Did you ride yours with the Ohlins yet or did you just put them on. I was wondering what to expect.

It probably is in that sense but I wanted the additional tuning low speed and high speed, trying to copy that elka set-up,lol. It's not in the sled yet, wait till you open the package dare I say the build quality is wood producing sorry tom there just so damn pretty, cant wait.Like I said I,ll be dealing with Hygear I'm sure bruce will take care of you. out of curiosity how much you weigh wondering what springs he set you up with, could you post the numbers there silk screened on the spring ,thanks. How that boss seat to sit on near the tank .

Did you do the center shock also. The spring# rear 00180-82/38 L343 Center # 00180-17/21 L513. I weigh 225 I told him aggressive ditchbanging but I don't know what the #s mean. The seat goes up to the cap I have a yami tank bag with map holder bag so I really can't sit up any further than stock seat. Hoping between seat height and 2" riser it won't be to cold. If the deal falls through on the seat you still interested? I'm only waiting 1 more day.

the numbers are the length /rates it a way for ohlins to group there springs. My brother in law rides a 151 rx-1 with ohlins and he asked for soft springs and he loves it , mind you he is not sitting over the shock like we do on the 121. my cntr shock is maxx perf straight rate, lets see how the ohlin rear does.I'm convinced stock springs are that great. After you p.m. on the seat I started taking mine apart the styrofoam that looks like a side pad came unglued at displaced it self so I think I can fix it , but feel free to p.m. if it falls through, thanks.

I think the rebound and compression should help alot for fine tuning. I wasn't going to do the center either I have my center revalved from pioneer and a straight rate spring. But I figured what the hay might as well go all out and not wonder if the center could be better. I'm going to be pissed if there isn't a great improvement for the $$$$$

I did maxx re valve spring deal and it was better ,talked with ross at hy gear and thought I would give this ohlins a try. he seems to have an operation that geared only to suspensions, hopefully do one thing and do it well. as we know this is not a perfect world. one thing i felt bruce contradicts himself on and throws stones is when he prints statements like dont get sucked into spring change out wsome company it ruins the handling and then sells straight rate ohlins on top of that i'd bet he taught those guys how to do shocks when he was with maxx and those guys are great guys to deal with, no arrogance.

I saw hygear at the Syracuse show was going to give them a try, but I have friends who deal with Bruce alot. Supposedly the spring is for my weight. Alot of guys sell the shocks with the stock springs which are supposedly to heavy. I hope these are for my weight, I really don't understand the #'s that well. Where do you ride Tug Hill or around Syracuse. I have a friend who owns Broome -Tioga and they ride out of there up through Courtland even up to Old Forge. I usually can only get up to NY on a Sat. or Sunday and Tug Hill is usually beat by then. How's the trails around Courtland or Center Square.

usually ride central square to tug and back. hoping to ride more towards cortland to say utica way been told it a nice ride and I want to hit cranberry lake this year. tug is great in the morning but brutal later on the traffic is crazy. might have to work 4 10"s so I can head out on weekday when it flat and fast. The trail from say central sq. up to happy valley following the power lines is a lot of fun you know a mixture bumps.jumps and curves nothing to crazy just enough to stimulate the mind and body, you stop look back and go to riding partner and go that was awsome .

Hey everyone, while we are on the upstate NY riding, I just recently got a place at Oneida Lake and am looking for some people to join up with on the weekends (work out of town during the week). I don't know squat about the trail right yet, so this year is going to be a trail learning season, but if anyone would like to meet up for some riding, that would be awesome.
-Chad

There are shocks and then the Öhlins....made like a pocket clock...very good. Congratulations!

ike

carib you will have no problems meeting up with people your preety much at the cntr of it all, lake racing , bar hopping and the rail road bed to get you to either panther lake/ williamstown or central sq/ happy valley hell you can get to anywhere in n.y. from your backyard good call!

Back