aluminum trailer frame repair

amazza76

VIP Member
I bought a used 2007 US Cargo 2 place enclosed trailer. The frame is aluminum and has a few cracks but for $500, the price was right. I have been contemplating using industrial aluminum adhesive and 1/4" or so sheet aluminum to repair the cracks. I could also get it welded. My thoughts were to cut the sheet to run the entire length and width of that particular section of frame. These adhesives apparently excel at sheer resistance which I would think would be the main force working against it. Anyone have any experience with this type of adhesive or, any insight as to whether I should just get it welded and be done with it.

i have a friend who works for a trition dealer ..and i have personally seen a few trailers with weld puddy and it doesnt hold ...just get it rewelded and add some braces ...is it the front corner of the trailer dropping ? i have seen several like this got any pics of the damage ?

I work in the auto body business. The adhesives will hold if done right. The correct metal adhesives run $45.00 a tube plus you need a special gun to get it out of. You could have it welded much much cheaper and welding it would be doing it right. Make sure you find a good aluminum welder. Most people that say they can weld aluminum can not do it correctly. Jeff Wurl

Back