viper ride quality W/136 track

trucknut

Both my self and a buddy are thinking of a 136 inch kit ,I have a viper he has a rx-1.For myself it is about ride quality and a little off trail my buddy it is about both if not more off trail.How does it work?Is it worth it?any durability problems would you do it again? thanks to all

buy a good quality kit and you'll have no reliability problems. you will not be sorry on or off trail with the 136. the geometry of a 136 skid is alot better than the 121. remember 121" sleds make 90% of the bumps, a longer track will span the bumps and give you a better ride. the larger foot print will help alot off trail. ski

we just longtracked a friend's '97 SX (actually my old one), can't wait to see how it performs this year, will you keep you posted. ;)!

I have a complete 136" Viper suspension with upgraded shocks for sale. If anyone is interested, please call me at 262-818-2628 (cell) or 262-884-3175 (office).

I have a 136 on mine, compared to my brother's 121 it's noticably smoother. Not to mention the added traction of a few extra inches of contact area. Mine has a finger track, I recommend the ripsaw which wasn't available when mine was done. I didn't install mine, it was already done when I got it. Mine has the one piece rails also, I wouldn't get the bolt on rail ext. if I was doing it.

I put a MMax 136 skid under my VMAX700. I used a Mountain Performance relocation templet and tunnel extension kit. The ride is much better than the 121. I tried many different combinations with shocks revalved, springs and limiter straps at different settings and I thought I had the 121 riding pretty good, that is until I rode my buddies MXZ skidoo and realized there are better suspensions out there. Two winters ago I had a chance to ride a guys 136 SXr, after that 10 minute ride I was convinced this was the way to go. I converted mine the very next summer and rode it 2000 miles last year. A Yamaha 136 proaction skid is a very good suspension. I have mine set up for a soft feel but it won't bottom on hard hits. You can play with the 3 position adjuster to fine tune it. I like mine alot, handling on the trails is not compromised. You may need a little more carbide or ski pressure depending on the track you use. I went with a 1.25 camo which gives this sled awesome traction. I also added oversize wheels on the skid, no hyfax wear yet. I would definately do the kit again, actually I now wish I had done it 5 years ago.

Back