Importing A 2008 Fx Nitro

blew by you

I picked up a Nytro from Haydays.I'm from Canada.I went to my local Yami dealer to get a RECALL LETTER on this machine because I need this to register it and they told me they couldn't access that.I called the closest U.S. dealer and he wants $50 just to fax it to me.Even worse my dealer claims they may not cover the cost of the 2 recalls (lower ball joint & wire harness clamp) on it.They say Yamaha Canada and Yamaha U.S. are 2 different entities.WTF!! Is a Yamaha not a Yamaha?Has anyone had a problem like this?Any info or suggested course of action would be appreciated!!THANKS

This has been covered in great detail. You have to call Yamaha canada for the recall letter. It is free. Ton,s of posts on this. There is no warranty on us sleds in canada but they must by law do a safety recall.
416) 498-1911 for recall letter.
I guess you should have done more homework before you imported that sled.

Last edited:
A great deal is not always what it seems to be .... I'm sure you're going to survive the expense ..... there has to be some reason I spoke with so many of our fine northern neighbors at haydays! :)

I deal in Electronics and it is the same as the snowmobile industry, Yamaha Canada is totally separate from Yamaha US and Yamaha Japan. To give you an example, Hitachi makes TVs and other crap, well Hitachi Canada went bankrupt, Hitachi still exists in the states however. So all of my old clients that need a bulb for thier projectors need to order it in from the states now, and that is even if the american model used the same bulb style, it is a real pain in the side. So now, you may run into issues getting parts due to your VIN being an american one, I am not saying you could not get them, but you may need to cross reference them with a Canadian VIN.

I have no problems or issues getting the parts I require for my SRX.My sled is originally from the US,brought into Canada by the previous owner to me.I like it that the speedo is in mph and not km's/h.Just go to Yamaha parts Fiche or any other site that sell Yamaha parts.It's a snap..not a snag. ;)!

Back