Kimpex tracks

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I was flipping through the latest Royal Distributing catalog and come to the track section and was thinking I've got to have a good look at mine to see what kind of shape it's in now.They had some decent buys on a couple of Kimpex tracks and I wondered if anyone here is running one,doesn't matter which one,and how they liked it.How is it in the various snow conditions loose to packed and how it seemed to wear.

I have an 1" Ultimate Traction on my srx7, its pre drilled for 144, works awsome on hard packed and loose stuff. Its been on the sled for five winters and still looks like new, best part, I bought it at Royals no tax tent sale for $389.

Triple X said:
I have an 1" Ultimate Traction on my srx7, its pre drilled for 144, works awsome on hard packed and loose stuff. Its been on the sled for five winters and still looks like new, best part, I bought it at Royals no tax tent sale for $389.
That's the one I was leaning towards if I do in fact have to replace mine and after I got thinking about it a bud of mine has that same track on a Mike Houle Mach Z and he never said anything bad about it.I may just give it a try as they do tend to be about $50 or so cheaper.

Lightning Strikes Rider said:
I have another sled for ice fishing it has a Kimpex 121" Aggressor Track and has 96 studs in it. Has been holding up great for the last 3 years with no problems.

I've got an Aggressor on my '01 SRX. I swapped it out of my XCR a couple years ago. It's got about 3k miles on it and is about 7 years old. 144 gold diggers both outside and inside the rails. I'm pretty sure due to it's heft that it'll drop your top speed a bit, but the lugs are beefy as heck and on hard pack or chewed up ice it just plain launches.

It was a lot of fun getting the hole-shot against chiseled Thundercats and Mach Zs for the first 300' on my little ol' piped piston port 600.

Back