Track backwards

6.0l zr2

What would happen if I ran my track backwards? With the arrows pointing in the opposite direction from the way it spins? The leading edges of the lugs are worn down, and it would hook a lot better running the other way. Just wondering...

Very unsafe way to get traction,, WILL not be able to stop in time.... Had a buddy that got hurt real bad because of that........ Please dont do it... You go first, cause you wont be behind me....

depending on the track and sled, i, for one, am for running backwards. done this several times on several sleds and never noticed a difference in braking ability. now, keep in mind, i dont trail ride or ice ride like alot of you fellers on here, but in my opinion, the gains far exceed the losses. ran 121x.92's backwards all the way up to 151x2. let us know what track and sled your considering this on, and also your riding style.

136x1.25 predator on 93 vmax4 w/ proaction plus
so why are the arrows on there?

6.0l zr2 said:
136x1.25 predator on 93 vmax4 w/ proaction plus
so why are the arrows on there?

Basically this is the way the track manufacturer designed the lugs to work. The direction arrow is there for correct instalation. Back in the 80's a couple locals use to run the track backwards on their Exciters and Phazers for more traction. Tracks have come along way since then and you probably won't notice the difference with the track your running on the sled you have. Now if clearance permits add 192 studs to it and you'll definetly notice a difference.

studs and doolys are for next year. stage 1 of my budget is all used up

Back