I found the kids a sled. Well sorta...

sleddineinar

VIP Member
My little brother has a '75 Panther I can have, it was running 3 years ago, but got some bad gas and clogged up the carb, so it needs to be cleaned. It's a 440 so it bigger than I want for them, but I'll put a block behind the flipper for now. It goes about 80 mph, so I can put the wife on it if we all want to go somewhere. The sled is pretty clean, will need to get the seat recovered, and replace the windshield but it only has about 1100 miles on it. The question I have is, Can you replace that cleated track with something better?

I am only assuming that it would have the same track as an El Tigre of the same vintage and if so the pitch is 2.52 making it the same as any modern track.However the quantity of bars is 46 instead of 48 so I'm not sure if a direct swap to a newer track would work with out changing to different drive cogs.I had a 79 El Tigre f/a and the dealer that I used to buy my parts from back when said that I could change to a rubber track like what was offered on the l/c Cats but I never did it.So I guess I'm not much help to you here in that I can't say for sure a rubber track will fit without any hassle.

Back