Viper floorboard traction..What are you using?

viper7mi

VIP Member
What is everyone using as traction for the floorboards on your Viper. I bought the Yamaha Viper traction plates. Thoughtabout adding some Frett Bros. mini traction parts in the missing spots?

I found the floor board traction not bad it was the edge rolls that i would slip on. I installed the aluminum edge rolls you can get from any aftermarket catalog. The polish up nice too to match the tunnell. It was a huge improvement and alot cheaper.

Im using the things from Fett brothers(spelling?) on my srx they work pretty good for me they have the traction things that go on the rolls also. My dad has the Rox treads on his RX1 they are pretty sweet but i dont know if they are worth the extra money! The rox are a little wider but almost tripple the cost of the fett bros things. Here is a pic of my running boards w/ custom made blue plastic under them.

Attachments

• 100-0018_IMG.JPG
    100-0018_IMG.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 100-0019_IMG.JPG
    100-0019_IMG.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 30
Those Frett bros floor boards look pretty sweet with the blue under. I just put on a set of traction bracets on today. I may add some of the traction tape inbetween the holes? Livonia were in the same town topgun.

You can see the rivets in the pictures, they are riveted on the outside near the rolled edge, and then the part that partially extends up the side of the tunnel is riveted to the tunnel.

hey yamaman and top gun. I'am located in livonia near 6 mile and farmington.
;)! can't wait for snow.

traction

On my SRX I have the aluminum traction strips for the edge of the tunnel from Max Performance. They were cheap ( I think around $20) and the unpainted aluminum looks good along the edge. Then yesterday I added the blue traction mats you can see in my photos. I used "J.B. Weld" to secure them. I also added a few rivets along the outside edge. The traction mats are "snow-bug" brand. I picked those up at the Freemont New Hampshire grass drags a month ago. How does it look?

Vice108

Attachments

• PICT0045.jpg
    PICT0045.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 7
  • PICT0053.jpg
    PICT0053.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PICT0054.jpg
    PICT0054.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 14

Back