02 viper jetting

duck57

I have an 02 viper v force reeds and a cluth kit seems to be running a little fat what should i go down to as far as main jets? What do the jet numbers refer to is that the opening size or just a part number?

what temps did you ride down to? elevation? The stock jetting is a LITTLE fat, but not bad at all for stock. You could probably drop a size without a problem, but if it were me, i would just leave it. I would rather sacrifice a pony or two to have the piece of mind that i can hold it to the bar without worrying about melting a piston

I ride in Ontario Canada just above sea level (300-1,000 ft depending on were we trailer too). Tempatures normally around -10C or 14F during the day. I went down two sizes to 156.3's and up one size on the pilots to help throttle response. Have ridden as low as -18C or 0F with this set-up (but didn't hold it accross the lakes). Decide on your comfort level, and read the plugs and piston wash. I'm Ok in the mornings, and still a little rich by the afternoon on most days. May try the TPI valves. Just not sure how much fiddling I want to do. May just swing a leg and ride this year.

I cant remember now but i believe i am running 152.5 in my stock viper with middle layer removed. I've been running this for 2 years in -25 - 45 not one problem yet.

Back