My (new to me) sled

dirtriding

Heres some pic's of my 1994 v-max 500 I got it for under $200 non running and seized rear skid. I replaced an out of spec stator and a bad coil, then picked up a 1998 pro-action skid for $75. With a little searching on this forum I was able to install the rear skid and now I have a good running sled with a decent skid. Thanks to all who contribute to this excellent forum!
Now all I need is some snow :letitsnow

Looks good man, get ya some plastic skis and you are ready to rock. Brings back memories!

Meat

super1c said:
Hey welcome to the site. I'm sure i've seen you around before. The sled looks great. X2 on the plastic ski's. Did it to my 96xt and love it.
Yeah, your the one I owe thanks to for recommending me to this site. I asked a question on another forum and you responded and pointed the way here. :rocks:

PhatboyC said:
I still think they're the nicest looking sled. Yours look mint!

Get yourself a set of dollies too.
Thank you, dollies would be good but my trusty creeper works for the time being.

Sledsquatch said:
Nice find man, real clean looking sled, next season recover the seat and x3 on the skis.

I've got a friend that does seats I think I will be contacting him. Anyone want to give advice on what plastic skis to look for? I will upgrade over next summer ($'s always tight around the holidays when you have kids)

Thanks for the positive comments

You can use any plastic yamaha ski with aluminum saddels. I know a few have made the all plastic ski's work but not sure how. You can pick up a good used set around here for around $100 depending on how nice the carbides are on the ski. Then just follow the RX - 1 skis on a pogo sled in the tech section. Easy as pie. Heres a pic on how mine turned out

Attachments

• Snomoble #2 new 2.jpg
    Snomoble #2 new 2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7
I think they were off a snow cross machine. like a 2004. It wasn't a dual precision or anything. Their aluminum mount even had the cutout in the bottom so all I had to do was make spacers to fill around the yamaha spindle.

Back