Dif's Between 98-99 & 00+ SRX600??

YrkViper

Hi everyone,
Just curious what the differences are between the 98-99 and 00+ SRX600's?
Also....
Warning DUMB newbie question below: #$%&*
I see people doing the head mod by having them cut by .030" and adding a base gasket to the 98-99's to end up with and overall .015" lower head. OK here it is flame me if you want, couldn't you just cut the heads by .015" to raise the compression, or is there more to it than that? :ORC

Thanks Everyone!!!

:yam:

I owned a 98 & 99 600 SRX. They are exactly the same...0 difference. There is no such thing as a 00 600 SRX.By adding more base gaskets you are changing the port timing to give a little better breathing in the mid & top end. You then cut the heads to raise compression to offset the amount you lowered compression by raising the hight of the head. The cut & lift works great on a 98-99 700 SRX but I personally have never tried it nor have i known anyone else that has on a 600 SRX. I did actually get my 99 600 sRX ported & it did make a big diff.

Last edited:
Thanks TURK, told you it was a dumb question. :D
Do you think it would be worthwhile to just cut my heads by 0.015" to raise compression, or wouldn't it help enough? Just curious, how much was the porting, and who did it for you?

If you cut your heads and add base gaskets, you will raise your ports to increase intake flow, and increase compression at the same time. Turk knows this sled really well, and if you want to make it fast, hes the guy to talk to.

BTW, Turk is one of the most famous Yamaha tuners out there.

Back