700 srx clutching help!

0srx1

Just recently bought a stock 01 srx 700. I'll be the first to admit I know little about clutching, but I've tried to read up on it some and it seems like the more I read the less I know! :o| :o| Could someone PLEASE get me started in the right direction. I would like to know a good primary clutch kit and roller secondary setup. I don't plan on any major motor mods, weigh 200lbs. , have stock track with 192 picks (which may be upgraded), and will be doing mostly aggressive trail riding with maybe a few ice drags for fun. I know every setup requires fine tuning, but if I can get started with the right parts, I can go from there and not waste my money. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :rocks:

run your stock weights with 4.5 rivet in both holes, a yamaha w/w/w spring, 15mm rollers, for the back start off with a 50/42 helix with green at 70 degrees. great rail/field set up, very responsive.

mrviper700 said:
run your stock weights with 4.5 rivet in both holes, a yamaha w/w/w spring, 15mm rollers, for the back start off with a 50/42 helix with green at 70 degrees. great rail/field set up, very responsive.

Is there any certain brand 50/42 helix that you'd suggest with this set-up? I've read that the cuts can vary quite a bit from brand to brand. Thanks,
Boomer.

Boomer, if you are confident that you can learn a little bit about clutching and can do minor things yourself, adjustable weights such as Heavy Hitters or the new Super Tip weights might be something to look at. I've had good luck with HH in my SRX, along with many other guys on this forum. We can get you pointed in the right direction if you decide to go this route, but if you are looking to stick with Yamaha weights, there are plenty of guys that can help you with those setups too!

SRX clutch set up

Boomer, Get a hold of Maxxium performance and they can help. I run a trail clutch set up from them in my 99 SRX 700, came in a kit with easy directions and no special tools required. It was a good start for me and clutching. They will ask how you want the sled to ride and handle etc.... I think mine is kit #4.( more low end, quick backshift and no loss on top end) This made a great improvement in my sled! Check out the Tech site here also! Enjoy!

I would recommend contacting Fix power sports, they have several kits with no loss of top end or gas performance. I have had these kits in mine and they are what they say they are. Excellent instructions and your getting a kit from a guy that works directly with Yamaha and races for them. Check out their web site at www.fixpowersports.com

Wow...this is a first...how to clutch a SRX!!! PM me with year make model , rider weight, altitude & what you want your sled to do better & I will help.

Thanks all for the suggestions, Turk I'll PM you. Can't wait for snow!

Back