Warning: steering arm reinforcing

sasksrx

VIP Member
I'm doing a few things to my srx right now, longtracking it, regearing, reclutching and putting a 4" riser on it. I read a thread on here about how you should reinforce the steering post if you put a riser on. So I took a piece of 1/2 inch pipe a couple days ago and hammered it down into the steering pipe. I filled it back up with antifreeze today and found out the hard way that the bottom mount for the steering post was welded to my front cooler, the force from hammering the pipe down into it cracked the weld and my front cooler is now leaking. So tomorrow after work I get to rip 1/2 the sled apart again! So anyone reinforcing thier steering post...remember this!

not all forum info good info hey

This forum is very informative but ya got to watch. Sasksrx
and I had little things left on the sled.Would problably have
skipped that steering post support idea if we knew where it
was connected,like bottom of the front cooler. it took alot
of force to drive it down and that was way too
much force for an aluminum coolers welded shaft mount.
Now half the sleds got to come apart...

Whew,thanks for the warning I was going to do this when I got around to doing my fall maintenance,I guess I'll have to do something else or take the shaft out to put the pipe in.

Well, I broke my steering shaft off a small (6-8') drop with only a 2" riser today.... time to figure something out!

sasksrx..what the hell you doing??Just ride ..don't destroy.Can't believe what you did there.If it was mine..I would finish it of with a bullet...lollll

Back