fuel sender

grippper

i had a ripsaw track put on my sled about a 2 weeks ago. the kid who brought my sled out on a forklift was driving to fast turned to sharp and the front of the sled fell off about 4 feet high. i looked it over and it seemed fine.i started it this weekend to get the gas out of the carbs and the gas guage dont work. i looked in the tank and there is a wire or a metal rod floating on top of the gas.im am going to talk to the owner of the shop to see if i can get it fixed for free.if he wont fix it how much would something like this cost.or could the guy who worked on it put it together wrong. i know he had to remove the tank. he called me and told me it would take another hour because he had to remove the tunnel protectors.i know i should have said something then but i thought the sled would be ok. do you think they will go good on this.hopefully the kid will admit to dropping the sled.

make sure it is pluged in, if he had the tank off then it has been unplugged.

the drop would not do anything to the sender.

you will see the rod that fall shouldnt have hurt the sled at all, probably did more damage to the ground. Like they said check to make sure it is plugged in. You can take the tank of yourself its pretty easy to get off.

Sending unit

I have a brand new one still in the package from yamaha for a SRX....50.00 shipped...This is a complete fuel sending unit

i brought my sled back to the dealer and the kid admitted that he dropped it.dealer took care of everything for me. it was just the wire under the tank that came loose. he checked everything else on the sled and said nothing was bent or cracked.very good guy to deal with.thanks everyone.

Back