driver help needed

mulderdad

Hey all.
I am replacing drivers and have some q's.
Is the drive shaft supposed to be flush with the outside of the bottom gear on the right side?
Also, is the bearing on the speedo side supposed to be flush at the end of the shaft? Thank you,
mul

what

What sled, newer Yamahas have a bolt on the gear side and a nut on the speedo side so when they are tight they are the OE predetermined length.(with all the correct spacers, brgs and gears) Worried about a spread tunnel????

mulderdad said:
Hey all.
I am replacing drivers and have some q's.
Is the drive shaft supposed to be flush with the outside of the bottom gear on the right side?
Also, is the bearing on the speedo side supposed to be flush at the end of the shaft? Thank you,
mul

As long as you have the correct spacer on the driveshaft that goes in behind the chaincase the new Yammis are very easy. Once in place with the Chaincase housing bolted in, I like to push the PTO side bearing on until it bottoms out against the inside retainer with the light tap of a rubber mallet all the while verifying the shaft and spacer is indeed located and centered into the Chaincase lower bearing and rear seal, then simply bolt on and tighten the gears to spec and then go back and verify PTO bearing is in all the way or at least far enough that the speedo bracket once installed presses it the rest of the way. Once completed then tighten the 2 set screws on the bearing flange onto the driveshaft.

I don't think I missed anything, but it is really pretty strait forward.

The correct sequence to the self alignment is... install back half of chaincase to frame, put the speedo bearing on the axle Do Not Set Any screws/nuts, install lower gearw/ chain and upper on shaft, torque lower gear, torque upper gear, install chaincase cover, set screws on bearing behind secondary, torque nuts on plate holding speedo bearing, and lastly install set screws on speedo bearing.

Back