Going to 8 tooth drivers on SRX? Pluses and Minuses?

otis700

Anyone have any experience with going to 8 tooth drivers on an srx or other Yamaha?

Will there by any potential problems with ratcheting, hyfax wear, top speed loss, etc. that I should be aware of before tackling this project.

I'm considering installing a 1.25" studded track and may consider studding it next year on my 02 srx.

What new gears are needed to maintain the stock gear ratio?

Thank you for your help!

Stock gearing on that sled is 23/38 for a 1.65 ratio with 9t drivers.

I think that the closest you can get to this ratio would be 24/37, which would be a 1.74 ratio with 8t drivers.

Somebody please correct me if i am wrong.

other then gearing issues, there is no real problems...I left my gearing on my SX-R when I went to 8 tooth drivers and is a rocket in the short distance...fun...:)

If you dont use anti-ratchet drivers , you might have a problem with ratcheting , i did with my piped viper and the srx is stronger , I dont think you will be able to get the stock gear ratio back so you will need to decide if you want alittle less top end and more bottom or the other way around. beside that HAVE FUN !!!

I'm running a 136X2" track with 23/39 and 8T's down up from 21/39 last season and it runs like a champ (less trenching). ;)!

Billy, I dont run those driver and my sled does not ratchet even with a hard hook in the grass but I also relocated the skid to get more track wrap on the drivers. :)

i am shure the little wheels have to be dropped down that hold the track up in the centre or you will be wearing the floor boards out under the gas tank.shure not to mutch room under there.

Back