Whats the best Tourque limiter for the Viper ?

NB-NYTRO

Like it says. What the best limiter that will be durable and will install with ease without drilling any extra holes.

Thanks

use nothing other than a yamaha srx style torque limiter. the others just wont last. yamaha gets i think 40$ for one new. you need to press the bushing in on the new one. i have a used one for 20 plus shipping, not sure if that is worth it as you are in oh canada

the aftermarket ones like the slp are easier to install. no drilling, just pull the secondary and move the carbs. 20 minutes tops. i put a slp one on my viper and it works great. i dont see how it wouldnt hold up.

There isn't any drilling required for the Yamaha one. I'm quite happy with mine. Remove both clutches, loosen the carbs and bolt it in. You will also need to align the clutches to SRX specs. If you don't have electric start then you might as well change your front motor mount to the SRX 3-bolt one, cheap insurance.

Last edited:
the one i had is sold.

you really need to buy the yamaha one. the others wear down and come out of adjustment. tried one the first year and by febuary after adjusting it twice the rubber had wore down to the bolt and the bolt had broken off. nice product !!!

Thanks for the feedback. You help make my decision. I will spend the extra money on a Yamaha one.

Canuck said:
You will also need to align the clutches to SRX specs. If you don't have electric start then you might as well change your front motor mount to the SRX 3-bolt one, cheap insurance.

What do you mean change your front motor mounts to the srx 3-bolt one, cheap insurance.

I just bought a 03 sxViper Mountain and want to put the yamaha torque limiter on. but I don't get your motor mount thing???

Edmonton, Alberta

The front motor mount bracket that attaches to the motor near the primary clutch is held on with two bolts. The bolts have been known to shear off. The SRX bracket has three bolts and the Viper block is drilled for three. The SRX bracket is about $8.00. If you have electric start you can't use the SRX bracket.

i used a maxximum performace style and drilled and tapped the bolt to a 7/16 grade 8 bolt, on my 2000 srx hasnt broke again

Back