02 viper wont idle

kinger

VIP Member
Hello all,

Just bought a 02 viper yesterday and low and behold we got a few inches of snow so I took her out on a test run. I'm disappointed because its not runing properly. It will not hold a idle unless I keep flipping the choke on and off every 20-30 seconds. It also seems to not have any power under 4000, above that it seems fine, but it bogs in the lower rpms. It was snow checked in 02 so it still has a warranty but I wanted to see if you guys thought of some stuff I could try before I take it to the dealer.

Guy said it ran good when stored and I just put 6 gals of prem fuel in it because it was all but empty before hand. Checked and replaced all the plugs and they were fine. The sled as 1150 miles on it. Thanks!

You most likely need your carbs and power valves cleaned. I would bring it to your local dealer and have it serviced to insure a long winter of riding. ;)!

Yup, bad gas in carb.'s

Same theing happened to me. Those small flatslides gum up real fast. Got to keep the gas out of them for any down time past 3 weeks.

Cool thanks guys. Are the pilot jets easy to clean myself or should she go to the dealer? I still think it has a 1 year warranty. Thanks!

dirty carbs are not a warranty item, clean them your self, run a fine wire through them and blow them out. Set the idle fuel screws at 2.5 rather than 1.75. It will start and accel better.

Back