was size socket is needed....

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
what is the size of long socket do I require for tightening up the nuts on woody's studs??And is the torque around 85 to 100 in/lbs.The lowest my small torque wrench goes to is 120 in/lbs.,I'll have to buy another one then.DAMN!!
My studs are in the post office,will pu tomorrow and install them.

did you buy any trial passes this year,I haven't since lack of snow and all.The new Fine now is $480 if caught on the trials without a pass. You can bet they will some the trail police out if they can make that kind of money.....

My big torgue wrench starts at 10 ft/lbs.I read somewhere 85 to 100 in/lbs or 18.5 to 20 ft/lbs. But it is a big sucker to use on small tightening job...lol.I have long socket,wanna know the size just in case because an going to crappy tire tomorrow anyways.

I got my pass early this year before there was snow.I saved a few $'s.
Just checked. My Woody gold diggers are a 1/2 nut and a 5/32 hex.
I have two torque wrenches. You are welcomed to borrow the smaller one. Its a 3/8 drive.

I have the 1/2 in socket long style and the hex.We'll see when I am at C Tire what the small torque costs.It is a long way around to drive to Niverville now since the Bridge is closed.This year sledding looks like it's basically done.There is no real snowfall forcast for the next 2 weeks as I can see.Southern States and England getting all the snow. Crappiest riding season ever. You should see the 4" plus rocks they layed down along the River bank near the bridge.Only way to get down to the river,not enough snow drifting along the bank to ride down.Like about a 70 foot run on them rocks to get down and same back up.As long as rocks don't jamb up between track and exchanger. Maybe we might hook up this year....lol 3rd season running..3rd attempt.

bluemonster1 said:
I have the 1/2 in socket long style and the hex.We'll see when I am at C Tire what the small torque costs.It is a long way around to drive to Niverville now since the Bridge is closed.This year sledding looks like it's basically done.There is no real snowfall forcast for the next 2 weeks as I can see.Southern States and England getting all the snow. Crappiest riding season ever. You should see the 4" plus rocks they layed down along the River bank near the bridge.Only way to get down to the river,not enough snow drifting along the bank to ride down.Like about a 70 foot run on them rocks to get down and same back up.As long as rocks don't jamb up between track and exchanger. Maybe we might hook up this year....lol 3rd season running..3rd attempt.

Doug,

If you aren't using a socket type hex wrench and ratchet, get a 4"-5" piece of broom handle, drill a hole in the end of it and put the hex wrench inside the hole. Drill the hole on a slight angle so the handle ends up angled away from the track a bit. I prefer it over a hex socket as it seems to be a bit more manageable and a lot easier on the hand.

I also use a 3/8 impact and run them in 'til the nut/backer contacts the shoulder of the stud and then use a torque wrench to finish up. Actually, I use a shorty ratchet for final torqueing.

I purchased a nice in/lb torgue wrench,was on sale to,so I was happy.Still cost me $70.00, I set it to 180 inch/lbs which if divided by 12 gives 15 foot/lbs.Got studs on and torqued once.Have heat on in garage for it to set in during the night.Will go thru them all and re torque again today. Thanks. ;)!

Back