msrx high alt jetting

orange342

hey guys first off i did a search and came up with nothing for my apllication I have a 98 srx mountain i ride in MN but im taking a trip out west to MT in a few weeks elv 8-9000 and i was woundering what jetting i should have, the motor is stock, it does have a can on it, i also put a cold air kit up through the inside of windshield and it has a alti compisator kit on it, the alt kit was on it when i got it so i dont know much about it or how it works, sorry for the broad questions thanks for any help

please help guys does anyone run a srx at high altitude i pulled my carbs they have stock jetting 148.8 146.3 146.3, I checked and the altitude comp kit wasnt hooked up is anyone familer with these kits its made by Holtzman Eng out of WI is it worth using or should i just jet it up

Personally I'd just jet it and forget the compensator. Some like them, but I'm a jetter.

I'll look at my notes tonight and see what I can help you with. We live in MN and usually make a trip or two out to the hill country ever year. I'll see what we run the 700 at. I know the weights were DN 10's with 4.5 in each hole and 43 helix with a green spring. I'll check the jetting notes.

I've got 140, 140 and 142.5 in mine that I ran at Revelstoke, which I think was about 6000'. And I'm sure I wasn't running too lean at all, my parometer showed me at about 1150 degrees.

repl

thanks for the help guys yeah ryan b if you have the notes that would be great i would preffer to jet it then theres no room for failure

Back