clutch weights?

TJ500

just purchased a set used of 8DF weights and Yamaha publishes weight as 37.8 grams... Is the fiber bushing inside the weight included in this or is this the weight without the bushing... Don't have an accurate scale and just trying to figure out rivits to be added..

thanks..

it doesn't matter if the bushing is included or not, as it is perfectly centered around the axis of rotation, and will have no effect on the shift characteristics

thanks for the reply...

I probably could have been a little more clear... The fly-weights I purchased have one rivit in them... I was hoping I could figure out which rivit it is if I knew the complete weight of the fly-weight with/without bushing installed... I have since drilled out the rivits and started from scratch..

thanks again..

If your MM is unpiped you might need a spring with more preload & total force or larger rollers cus those weights will be kinda doggy out of the hole & they need a higher engagement to get em to work. I tried in my Piped MM & they were fine at low elevation but sled fell onit,s face at Revelstoke. On a stock SX at your elevation on a sled with 14.5 rollers they also fell on their face on a warm day!

I had the same question this afternoon, but I believe the bushing is not part of the weight's total weight. I have a scale that is accurate to .1 grams and the 8 AB's are suppose to be 41 grams and with the bushing they were weighing in at 42.5 grams.

I added 2.7 grams to wach hole.

Stock 2000 SX700R 8df weights with bushings and stock rivets is 46.5 grams total. I just took the stock weights out of my 2000 SX700Rsetup wto put tje 8AB's with 2.7grams in each hole.

This is my stock 8DF - 37.5g + 3.6 grams + 3.6 grams for each rivet. 44.7 grams plus the bushing weight. 46.5g - 44.7 = 1.8 grams of bushing.

Back