128HP FOR AN sRX ???

those numbers look good...you need to get it clutch in the 8500 to 8600 rpm range...that must be a 00 or newer?? and I would guess thats corrected HP

MrSled said:
those numbers look good...you need to get it clutch in the 8500 to 8600 rpm range...that must be a 00 or newer?? and I would guess thats corrected HP

I don,t know what year it is!! But ?? The srx is not supposed to be in the 140 range?!

The older SRXs I believe had stock horsepower around the 134-136 mark. It depends on the sled, but those numbers don't look too far off, if at all.

Whats the BMEP stand for?Also would you clutch low and mid to your best torque and then tune your top end to peak Horsepower?Someone clue me in to how you tune your clutch off a dyno.thanks-Harvey

Clutch from max torque at closest to best hp...Usually about 8200 for a SRX with rpm,s creeping up to max hp rpm,s!

Harvey,
BMEP is short for Brake Mean Effective Pressure and it's this pressure that really determines the torque output of an engine. By using that figure and knowing what the area of piston top is along with crankshaft stroke you can get a good idea of torque output. Every modification to increase engine output will involve one or more of those variables. Increases in BMEP, bore or piston area or stroke will increase output

What temp was this dyno run done and with what jets and is it the corrected HP numbers or actual. If it was dyno'd at the temp its jetted for then it will show higher numbers when corrected....a dyno run is more then just a tool to show you big hp numbers...its to help you cltuch your sled to where it makes power or to show power gains with mods.

Boy,I would hope a 2001 would pull more horse power than that,must be more to it.Man a dyno would be great for clutch tuning.-Harvey

Back