How many from Newfoundland on here?

Kirk is from Labrador City..I have worked in NFL. back in the 80's.Are you in Cornerbrook or close.I have been there,been to Marystown and to Carbonear,St. John's.Used to work for Hudson Bay Co and set up stores there.Met a local girl there and almost married her...almost.Loved the people there and the surroundings.

There are a few of us on here. I'm originally from Bay Roberts and transplanted to St.Johns about 14 yrs ago. We built a house and started a family in Paradise 8yrs ago. I find this site has a lot of Newfoundlander characteristics, most everyone is honest, everybody is always willing to help, everybody is friendly, there is lots of pride and comradery and we are always being put down by our countrymen for our ways and beliefs. I guess we'll have to start calling it the republic of Yamaha. (Newfoundlanders will know what I'm talking about)

bluemonster1 said:
Kirk is from Labrador City..I have worked in NFL. back in the 80's.Are you in Cornerbrook or close.I have been there,been to Marystown and to Carbonear,St. John's.Used to work for Hudson Bay Co and set up stores there.Met a local girl there and almost married her...almost.Loved the people there and the surroundings.

No, im about 5-6 hours away from cornerbrook but have been to carbonear and st johns a nice bit. Im about an hour outside of gander, in glovertown.

My family are all from Newfoundland, mostly Placentia Bay area and St.john's/Paradise/Mount Pearl. I love it there and plan to move back sometime in my life. Great hunting, great fishing and great people. Not much snow in alot of areas there this year though from what I've heard it's bare all around Placentia Bay.

-Rustman

Rustman said:
My family are all from Newfoundland, mostly Placentia Bay area and St.john's/Paradise/Mount Pearl. I love it there and plan to move back sometime in my life. Great hunting, great fishing and great people. Not much snow in alot of areas there this year though from what I've heard it's bare all around Placentia Bay.

-Rustman

Yeah this winter here in NL is the worst one yet, we have no ice yet and no snow. Even this time last year we had a foot of ice or more everywhere and some snow. The only places with snow is in the mountains on NL's west coast. Even in Labrador on the south coast there is little now.

yes i am from labrador, my father is from Bay L'Argent Fortune Bay
bluemonster1 said:

yup we definitely need snow, you guys on the avalon are suppposed to get a good dump but out here in central its like 3-5 cm, as of right now its not gonna be good for sledding until almost the middle of feb at least, between having little ice, no snow and mild temps until this past week.

im from makkovik, labrador (north coast) this year is by far the worse for snow and ice. our harbor is finally froze. a month later then every other normal year.

im from makkovik, labrador (north coast) this year is by far the worse for snow and ice. our harbor is finally froze. a month later then every other normal year.

Back