1998 V-max 700 xtc Deluxe

mg82

i am looking to buy a 98' 700 xtc deluxe and was wondering what some people might have to say about this particular sled.. how much horsepower it has? what the top speed is? how it is in the trails\powder\moguls? just want to know what peoples opinions are. thanks

Those are a good sled,ride it all day long it doesn't beat ya up.Same motor as the sx,sxr,etc 114hp.The front rear spring from the factory is weak,put in the optional 1.8kg spring,gives it a way better ride

thanks alot... I am new to the snowmobile thing so can anyone tell me where i might be able to find some of these aftermarket parts?? The header pipe is wasted from the accident so i will need a new pipe for it. would it be better to buy it oem, Used, or aftermarket??? i would like to keep it as cheap as possible. maybe there is someone here that has one used....??? thanks again.

when clutched right youll get about 105-110ish on a good day. however, yamahas 700 red head triple has an unlimited amount of add ons, triple pipes reed spacers, etc. and the motor responds unbelivably to all of them. combine all that with the most bulletproof motor made and you have an exellent combo, not to mention the unlimited wealth of information on this website, your looking to buy one of the best sleds on the market.

That is my current sled. I picked it up 2 years ago with about 2000 km. I have since put approx. 9000 km on it, all trouble free. I would always top out on the speedo at 160+ km an hour. Great sled just needed some better ski's (stock ones suck).

I'll Keep my Vmax.

I have really enjoyed my '98 XTC. I don't plan to ever get rid of it. Most reliable sled I've had or know of. It has never let me down and can run with most through the twisties or across the open. I have done a bit of tweeking on it but not much.
[/IMG] this pic is a season old and have replaced stock skis with C&A pro. I hope the pic made it....first try.

Yea those are very good sleds. They ride nice if a new spring is put on the center shock. Engine is not the strongest 700 in the world, but easily the most reliable and VERY responsive to modifications. Great fuel and oil mileage, very consistent, good quality. It's all good

mg82 said:
thanks alot... I am new to the snowmobile thing so can anyone tell me where i might be able to find some of these aftermarket parts?? The header pipe is wasted from the accident so i will need a new pipe for it. would it be better to buy it oem, Used, or aftermarket??? i would like to keep it as cheap as possible. maybe there is someone here that has one used....??? thanks again.
i have a complete stock exhaust off a 700sx. pm me with your address and what you need and i will give you a price

snowfox@mts.net :rockon:

Springs

Those are a good sled,ride it all day long it doesn't beat ya up.Same motor as the sx,sxr,etc 114hp.The front rear spring from the factory is weak,put in the optional 1.8kg spring,gives it a way better ride

Reviving an old thread. I have had a Vmax 700xtc for nearly 10 years. Just took it out of the trailer after 4 years in storage and had the jets replaced with ss versions. Runs great again. Interested on which springs to replace as I agree the rear will bottom out and now I have the front cranked up tight. Hard to justify $12k on a new sled when I only ride 4-5x a year. Mine has USI skis, a free glow can and only 2000 miles on it! Great fun no expense sled and still hangs w most anyone on the trail w the 700 redhead, best motor out there still IMO.

Back