North to Cadillac, not riding though

alswagg

VIP Member
Traveling North to Cadillac this weekend, not going to ride though. I feel snow conditions are not adiquate for quality riding time, so we are going to the SNOW X races at the WEX center. I have not been to a snow cross in Michigan ever, so why not. Any one else going or have been to see a snow cross race. I called and sled registration is at 190 sleds, predict over 200 to show up. I hope it will be a good showing. Al

Trust me the Viper would not handle the snow X. I would feel much more comfortable on the SXR instead, but at my age I wouldn't even finish without a few wipe outs. I didn't go to Wawasee to High school but I did go to Warsaw. 1986 I have lived in Syracuse since 1994. Do you know me? Al

I don't think so...? But you may know my sister. Her son starts for the varsity basketball team at Wawasee. They also have lake access to the big lake. I graduated from Wawasee in 87. I knew Matt Johnson pretty well class of 88 maybe? Craig Hammersly is my cousin. He graduated 86 I think.

I know Craig, He works at one of the Marina's, While I have my own boat managment company. If I am not mistaken, Craig has an old Vmax 4? Anyway, how do you like the Viper? I installed a long track on my son's, He really like's it. I plan on installing a BOSS seat for him next fall. Al

Couple weeks ago I was up there riding and some guy we met in the bar had a bunch of pictures from the the races on his phone. Man they were really getting some sick air. It was unbelievable. I didn't know they were having more than the one race weekend though.

Have fun

We are leaving at 3:15, just as soon as my son gets out of school. I plan on taking the digital and the film camera. Locally the Kewana's club is having drag racing on Lake Syracuse this weekend. I am not into drags but some might. Al

Yeah, Last I knew, he was working at a marina around Warsaw. He had a bad azz Chevelle in high school.

What marina do you own? I grew up on Syracuse lake, Medusa street..

Sold the Viper on Monday and hopefully the trailer today. It was a great sled. Handled great with plenty of power.

Last edited:
I don't own a marina, but I do own a boat Managment company. A mobile marine buisiness. We have just over 150 full time customers taking care of approximatly 300 units. This is obviosly our slow time of the year, but it also gives us a chance to do some riding. I remember when Craig wrecked the white chevele. Yes it was a bad a$$ car. Al

Returned from the races in Cadillac this past weekend. Very koool. Extremly high and long jumps. Not one Yamaha showed up though. Actually the only yamaha showing was a sno sport engine in a mini chassie for the 8 and 9 year olds. It did win the 1.5 lap. The ski doo and arctic cat's had a very strong showing over 200 participants. Recommend anyone to go and watch a snow cross, much more entertaining than a drag race in my opinion. Oh to be young again. Al

Back