ohlins shocks adjustment question

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
what i a baseline to use on ohlins front shocks.Just got them today and am installing them also.Read some say to set spring preload to 0 and set clicker to about the middle as a starter.That is approx around 10 to 11 clicks.What do you guys have yours set on the SRX's...thanks again..

PS: SNOW IS COMING>..25 cm's worth this weekend..yaahoooooooooo

depends on you, driving style, weight, balance of your sled.
back off the adjusters and compress it by hand, than increase till they feel like the ones you changed in your car...its a starting point, takes two secs. to adjust down the road.

Not sure if all ohlins are the same or not but for my viper the clickers are for damping. You start with the clicker turned all the way to hard then back off. Spring is for preload (ride hight).

super1c said:
Not sure if all ohlins are the same or not but for my viper the clickers are for damping. You start with the clicker turned all the way to hard then back off. Spring is for preload (ride hight).

Dampening what- the compression or rebound. Back clickers off all the way- easy to push in, set clicker all the way in- hard to push in. the rod will rebound-push back out,- at the same speed either way.

ottawaair said:
Dampening what- the compression or rebound. Back clickers off all the way- easy to push in, set clicker all the way in- hard to push in. the rod will rebound-push back out,- at the same speed either way.

The clickers are for compression damping force. Your right. I think we both meant the same thing, just came out different.

Last edited:

Back