converting mountain bars to sno cross

01mountanmax600

Anyone ever put sno/motocross bars on a mountian max or similiar sled? I have a stock set off a kx125.Theres slot of wires joined together that the stock leather that wraps the handlebar covers but if i put the kx bars on they will be showing. Will a bar pad be able to cover them up? and also one of my grips is super glued on and is not coming off so it will have to be chopped off, anyone know the oem price of one of them? Since the mountain bars are higher i plan on getting a 5 inch riser to rise them up. Does anyone know the answers to these or have any sugestions?

There were some pictures of a sled with really straight bars (almost like mountain bike handlebars) that looked really good w/ like a 8" riser.

You could put plastic wire shielding over all exposed wires. I believe you may be able to run some of the wires such as internal handwarmers right through the handlebars.

better bars

I put a set of Renthal Banshee bars on my 01 MM 700 and they work awesome. They are wider then stock and taller. I put a riser in also so they are now about 6 inches taller than stock. These banshee bars seem to work the best for me. You can put your stock mountain bar back on and I just heat shrunk all the exposed connecters then taped then together with black tape so you cant see them. You may have to trim your windsheild depending on the position you choose for your bars to allow for a complete range of stearing.

Back