plugs

spoons

There was a thread here not to long ago dealing with identifying lean-rich conditions by looking at the spark plugs, there were some really nice pictures and good advice. For the life of me I cant seem to find it, I realize its a bit of a long shot but if anyone could help me locate this thread it would really help me out.
trying to post pictures of my plugs but cant seem to get a nice clean picture,
gonna try later with a friends camera.

Thanks.

Thanks mac gonna put that in my fav's but the one I'm refering to was a thread posted here with really nice big pictures by one of our members.

Here's what's going on..
Re-built engine and new strap, took it easy kept it under 5500 rpm for about 20 min. jumped off, checked plugs...beautiful dry, light tan . Go another 20 min. check them again, havent changed like perfect marshmelows.
Start going a little higher 6500-7000 rpm, motor is strong its killing me to hold it back, but I do. As I'm comming to a stop to check the plugs once again, I notice the rpm hanging at 3500 wont come down, even when I choke it goes right back to 3200-3500 so I shut it down and check the plugs...I can start to see little ( tiny actually ) oil bubbles around the rim and the light tan is turning black but not oily, dry, closed it up and drove it for about a mile-half brought it home and this is what the plugs looked like, picture quality is not the greatest, sorry. Now when I start er she idles nice but have not rode it since.

Worthwhile mentioning: my pedals where not the greatest, waiting for some v-force 3's from Viperking hopefully sent them out today LOL...and my carb heaters where on when it really wasn't that cold maybe -5c on the lake.
When I removed the carbs to clean them for the first time all my pilot screws where in different positions ranging from 1 1/4 - 1 3/4 when I re assembled them I set them all to 1 1/2 out. I didnt do anything with the needles, could that be the problem....Don't know.

All three plugs where identical in colour.

Attachments

• Skidoo part 061.jpg
    Skidoo part 061.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 7
My needles are on the third groove with both washers under, by looking at my plug can anyone tell me if moving to the fourth groove with the washers under is enough or should I go a little higher? just seems very wet and dark for being off one groove, but its the first time doing this adjustment so any help would be apreciated.
And... do I have to bleed the entire cooling system because I've removed the coolant lines from the carbs or is there a better, easier way, Thanks.

Back