Add another SRX to the list

WNYViper

Not having a good weekend so I'm just venting a lil...

Rode the SRX to work after lunch yesterday, ran good, did a bunch of drift hopping, and parked it. Buddy just got an 03 F7, wanted to race, I said sure, I'll be over in a few minutes. I knew I'd get my *** handed to me (long traveled SRX with 1.5" track, 10,000 miles vs stock F7 w/3000 miles on it, yea, not going to happen)... Fire it up, let it warm up while I put on my gloves and helmet, look it over, take off and its only hitting on 2 cylinders, backfires through the carb on the center cylinder, great...

Change plugs, nothing... change plug caps (had a bad one last week), nothing... swap plug wires around, nothing... clean carbs, nothing... swap reeds out, nothing... check exhaust pipe, nothing...

Fine, buddy comes over, says take his spare sled for the night, ok, ride around his 03 SXR 600 for the night, coming home and we all line up in the field for the fun of it, his F7 smokes myself and my other buddy (04 RMK 700), I coulda called that one, lol... as my friend on the F7 is coming over a little hill, here comes a herd of deer, not good, F7 totalled...

Go out to the shop this morning, start tearing the sled apart more. Find the center cylinder looks like...
Sled001.jpg

Sled002.jpg

Great... cylinder is scored up horribly... take the other two cylinders off, PTO has marks on the top of the piston and on the head, and a nice score down the cylinder wall... so 2 cylinders toast and 2 pistons toast... guess I'll be looking for some parts...

Venting done...

I know where there is a set of BB srx jugs if you want to beat that f7 everytime

Bearings all feel good, but I'll have my engine buddy look everything over too...

I know, I hate that I'm one of the guys that lost one, I am a little lazy on checking piston wash and plugs, so I am not even sure if it was a bad tank of gas, little lean on the carb settings, or what...

lol, I dont want to go BB, I can hardly wait 5 minutes to let my stock bore warm up before I ride most days, I like the OEM pistons... I am putting my Viper together with MrViper ported cylinders and SRX pipes, I aint too worried about that F7, especially since it is totalled now, lol...

Ehhhhh, my srx is running purfect after booger issue w/one of the carbs... 3 nights of 2AM work, finally get it back together the morning of my trip... and a day n a half later I shear the plate off the steering stem on the last day... hence no steering. But my sled is running great though... so I got that going for me.

Somebody give the governor a hurummpf... hurmmpf! hurummpt! You watch your ***.

Back