ProX skid in SRX

phnx85

I'm going to buy a skid from a Polaris ProX 440 and have read almost all posts i could find regarding skid swapping. I've got the theory down on how to do the swap, but i'm just so unsure regarding the measurements.

The schematics from JB Shocks says ProX skid is mounted 4 1/2" from the tunnel in front and 5 3/8" in rear, but Fusion skid is mounted 5,5" in both front and rear.
proxmount.jpg

fusionswap.jpg

What's the difference between IQ skid and ProX skid (except that IQ skid is 1" narrower)? Because some people that mounted IQ skid's used ProX schematic from JB Shocks and dropped the front 7/8"

Are there any differences between Viper and SRX tunnel?

My guess would be that the front arm of the ProX skid has more travel.But there are many other factors that could require a different front mounting point. One factor is how the front suspension of the IQ sits compared to the ProX.
For Example, if you took two identical sleds and added travel to the front of one(ski shocks), you would be taking pressure off the front of the rear suspension. To compensate, you would have to lower the front mounting hole of the rear skid to get the propper balance of the three points.(3 points being:Rear of rear susp,front of rear susp, and ski spindle)

Last edited:
The front arm of the prox skid is actually adjustable there are two holes in each side of the arm to change the mounting point and geometry. Thats the main difference

when I got my edge there was a pro x next to it I compared the both and only other thing is the prox is much beefier. I went with the edge because it was newer and lighter.

So ProX and and EDGE skid mounting points should be the same? If i get someone with a Viper with either ProX or EDGE skid to measure their mounting holes and do the same on my SRX would that work or screw up the geometry?

As you can see i have virtually no travel in the rear. I just bought the sled, a couple of weeks ago, so haven't had the time to really inspect the rear of my sled. But compared to other SRX it seems like its a bit saggy.

Attachments

• srx.jpg
    srx.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 8
Your best bet is to get the dimensions directly from the donor sled that you get the suspension from. Many people on the site have done this type of mod, but all seem to have a different idea of how to come up with the dimensions.
You will also have to extend the front suspension to match the rear or the sled will be very unbalanced and you will have a hard time getting the proper ski pressure. You can fab up some front shock drop brackets or use longer shocks.

So i just ask the guy to meassure from the donor sled? Shouldn't that give me the same meassures that the JB Shocks ProX schematics have?

Maybe?? Where did JB Shocks get the dimensions from? If they are reputable and you think they did their homework, then use their dimensions. If not, find a friend that has a poo with the same skid you are using and get dimensions from his sled.

I just installed a '06 IQ/Fusion skid into my 02 Viper...used 5.5" drop down, 8.5" from driver and 23" from front mount to rear. If the shocks have not been rebuilt, now would be a good time to do so. The front mount was spaced out using 3/8" alum plate 3.5" x 3.5" but still ended up with 3 fender washers on each side. The back mount only used the 3/8 plate - no spaces required.

Also, I stripped out the center shaft from the front arm since the bolt I used was too short. Anyway, retapped it to 7/16 and used a longer bolt which I had to thread past the shank 4-5 threads - then shorted the bolt a little (I think it was a 3" length bolt). You should try to find out how long of a bolt you can use and then make one to fit.

Purchased x click SLP products which increased the tension on the rear torsion spring...makes a big difference in reducing bottoming if your riding fast.

Back