wtb. srx aftermarket silencer

I would recommend going with the Stock Silencer Mod from Fix Power Sports, It will give you 5-7HP and clean up the jetting at the same time. It gives you a racie sound and sound sweet as well. www.fixpowersports.com or call them at 507-775-7242 ;)!

Do you have dyno numbers to prove these 5-7hp gains? I have a hard time believing that you could gain those kind of hp numbers simply by modifying the stock silencer, but I could be proven wrong

I bought a dynoport big volume can for my 98 srx and it sounded great. It was louder at idle and sounded sweet. When you were hard on the gas it was not a lot louder than stock. It fit great except there was a spring that bolted to the bottom of the belly pan and was extremely hard to put on. If your looking for a silencer that is slightly louder and much lighter I would highly recommend it! I didn't notice any real gains in power but it did seem to feel lighter, everything else seemed pretty much the same. I had the one that was not ceramic and it' didn't rust after one season, unfortunately I sold the sled so I can't comment on whether it's still holding up. I've heard mbrp's on srx's and they sound awesome but I don't have any experience with them on srx's.

Dyno? YOU CAN GET ALOT OF NUMBERS OUT OF A DYNO BUT WHEN YOU GO TO USE IT DOES IT GIVE YOU THE ACTUAL PERFORMANCE THE DYNO GAVE? yA, i CAN GIVE YOU NUMBERS BUT NUMBERS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING IF YOU DONT GET THE PERFORMANCE WHEN YOUR RIDING IT. MOST CANS OUT THERE (AFTERMARKET) ARE ALL ABOUT SOUND WITH A MILD INCREASE IN PERFORMANCE IF NOT ACTUALLY TAKING AWAY SOME . TAKE THE POST ABOVE. I HAVE TWO SRX'S A 98 600 AND A 01 700, ( I ALSO HAVE A SX 700, VIPER AND RX1). I HAD BOTH THE CANS DONE THERE AS WELL AS HIS CLUTCH KITS THE FOLLOWING YEAR. I HAD THE EXTREME MOD DONE FOR $249.95 WHICH IS 7-10HP. I CAN TELL YOU WITH ALL HONESTY THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE WHILE GIVING YOU A RACIE SOUND BUT NOTHING TO LOUD. THE GUY BUILDS AND DOES ALL HIS OWN R&D, RACES FOR FACTORY YAMAHA AND HAS BUILT MOTORS FOR FACTORY YAMAHA. I WAS REFERED TO HIM IN 99 BY A FRIEND OF MINE AND I WAS SKEPTICAL AS WELL. THIS IS WHAT HE TOLD ME, IF I WON'T RUN ON MY SLED OR ON MY RACE SLEDS I'M NOT GOING TO SELL IT TO YOU. SO, TAKE IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, I LOVE PERFORMANCE AND I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN FROM THIS BUT TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED AND I CAN GUARENTEE I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD MY OTHER SLEDS DONE BY HIM IF IT DID'NT WORK.

Back