Viper 3X Pipe Gearing

crazy canuck

Anyone have a good recommendation for viper tripple pipe gearing for all around trail riding...23/38 or 22/36 or any other combo with 68 or 70 link chain?

I ran the 22/38 when I had pipes. If you want longer lake runs you could go up a tooth or two. In the trails the 22/38 is fine.

yes, 22/38 is stock. found my slp viper liked to have more gear in it. 23/38 on the trail or 23/37 for lake running.

Stock

Stock gearing is fine. Save your $$. If you want to try it 23/38 is good too since you can pull a little more gear with the additional power. Honestly though, there is so little difference it's not even worth bothering with.

Mamdatt

crazy canuck said:
Anyone have a good recommendation for viper tripple pipe gearing for all around trail riding...23/38 or 22/36 or any other combo with 68 or 70 link chain?
23/38 is perfect and works with the 68L chain. Too bad I'm not selling mine any more. It's going into my Apex now, didn't realize the Apex has a 24 top?!?! Anyway, I'm dropping down to the 23 now.

I had tried the 23/38 combo with a 68 link chain and it looked like it wouldn't work but I will have another look... ;)! ;)!

Back