no ski pressure

JeepJimmy

ok i got a all stock 01 srx 700. only studded and bender transfer rods. got a set of used works performance front shocks with dual rate springs. to try to soak up the bumps a bit. i cant get it to have any front ski presssure. feels like you turn and nothing is there. any ideas? With the stock shocks there is a ton of "weight" on the front ski's..

tighten the limiter straps on the skid
or decrease the preload on the center shock.
or both...

first tighten up the gap on your transfer rods, increase the preload springs a bit at a time on the front suspension, how old are your front carbides are they sharp? 3/8" bar or 1/2" ? ...post back...CP

the carbides are fine. they are SLP slt ski's it was completely fine with the stock front shocks. i have increased the front shocks preload as much as i can. and also loose. dont seem to help any. the sled is in VT. so next time i go up there i will try new ideas. any other ideas?

get the sled on a flat floor in your garage and palce a jack under the front just behind your radius rods, jack the sled up until the ski carbides just touch, look back at your track from the side...
if your track is still touching in the front when your on the gas going down the trail steady speed your skis are this light at the front...use your imagination....if you keep jacking the front and now your skis are 1-2" off the ground and the front of your skid is just starting to raise...you can get the idea...you need to tighten up your limiter staps at the front of the skid (read 2nd post )
now look at your gap on your transfer rods, more gap more transfer less gap more coupling and less rock back to the rear of the sled making the front light steering....good luck sorry this was long.....CP

I think the other members recommendations will probably work best, but maybe try dual carbides in addition.

I can't say for sure but I had that problem. Preload on the front shock was crazy. So tight that I broke a rail in the front when I first rode it(new for me then) Take a look at the tech section for suspension by Viperking really good info. I followed the guide and did set to just above zero preload on the front spring. Now it rides as good as it can, I can set the rods and hang the skis or tighten it up and ride the bumps.

Back